A few days ago I woke up early CRAVING energy balls! Why? I’m not sure, but I quickly rushed into my kitchen to whip some up anyway!
I wasn’t super positive about what we had lying around, so I figured now would be as good a time as any to experiment! I ended up pulling together oats, PB2, cinnamon, normal peanut butter, vanilla protein powder, and a few other ingredients in order to make these balls. They’re good for a couple of weeks in the fridge and serving size is two balls. I’ve been snacking on them all week and they’re a nice little pick me up!
This is a true ‘kitchen sink’ recipe, so feel free to improv a little!
Ingredients (makes approximately 20):
3/4 cup quick oats
1/4 cup PB2
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup of vegan protein powder (I used Vega’s vanilla flavored powder!)
1 large spoonful of smooth peanut butter
splash of almond milk
- In a large mixing bowl, slowly mix together all of the dry ingredients (protein powder, PB2, oats, cinnamon)
- Honey, smooth peanut butter, and almond milk as needed until the mixture becomes smooth enough to form into balls
- Using your hands, roll the batter out into small balls. Place on a plate or baking sheet.
- Once all of the mixture has been used, place the balls in the freezer for 12-15 minutes
- Remove from freezer and consume or store in fridge.
And that’s it! Super fast and simple! I love making my own energy balls once in a while because I get to decide what goes in them. Play around with your own and let me know in the comments what your favorite combo is!