I don’t do a lot of things, and one of them is New Year’s resolutions. I don’t believe in them, I don’t like them, and I don’t make them. Maybe this is because I’m sort of afraid of breaking them the next day (cause ya know, I’m a control freak), or maybe because I just can’t swallow that pill of change, or maybe something else entirely. Who’s to say? But, in the spirit of 2016 quickly approaching, here’s a (very short) list of some kind of cool things I did in 2015:
- I declared my major, which is acting, in case anyone missed that.
- I signed 2 leases. They’re both for the same apartment, but I renewed my lease also, so yay.
- I had a racial identity crisis, which I think was a good thing.
- I have now officially tried 3 different methods of birth control. Yay for IUDs! Yay for the pill! Yay for condoms! Yay for being sex positive!!
- I got rid of all my dating apps. But J-swipe still follows me on Twitter and Coffee Meets Bagel and Tinder send me emails on the daily so there’s that.
And here is an equally short list of my wishes for myself moving into 2016 (notice I call them wishes so that if I don’t complete them, I’m still gonna be doing fine):
- May I be both alike and unlike my coffee this year. I wish for strength and hotness, but the bitterness I can do without.
- May my test results always be positive. Except for any STD and/or pregnancy tests because I WOULD NOT WISH THAT ON ANYONE ESPECIALLY MYSELF OKAY THANK YOU.
- May my fear of falling never outweigh my desire to fly. Let me be really cheesy for a second and say that I hope this year brings me opportunities to be brave.
- May I do anything, but not everything, and may I know the difference.
- May I do all things in love. Yet hold onto my snark and wit at the same time.
I hope that my 2016 brings me messiness, love, and patience and I hope that this New Year’s Eve and this coming year bring you whatever you need/want/wish. I hope that you find bliss and that you seek out whatever it is that you’re searching for. Now enough of that, go (safely!!) celebrate!
Talk to ya’ll in the new year.