If you couldn’t tell from the fact that this post is a day late, I’m trying my best to catch up this week!
After my quick trip back home to Phoenix this past weekend I was feeling under the weather. At first I was shocked that I was sick at all, but then I remembered that my weekend had consisted of coaching and taping an audition monologue, helping my boyfriend tape some sides for an upcoming film audition, watching the two final shows of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (yay Thea and Alex!) and helping with their strike, attending a callback, and catching part of Phoenix’s March Madness Music Festival. So yes, I think my sickness is justified.
That being said, after sleeping for 17 hours, taking a lot of ibuprofen and vitamin C, and binging all of Big Little Lies I was feeling a lot better. So much better that I decided to do a little bit of meal prep for this week.
I quickly roasted an eggplant and some brussels sprouts, two of my favorite vegetables! The prep time for this is about 15 minutes and the cook time is 30.
- 1 eggplant, diced
- Brussels sprouts (as many or as few to your liking), I used this Trader Joe’s bag
- Olive Oil, about 1/2 cup
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Chop brussels sprouts (1/2 or 1/4 is fine!)
- In a bowl, lightly toss brussels sprouts in 1/4 of olive oil and salt
- Evenly spread brussels sprouts onto a non-stick cooking sheet
- Cube eggplant
- In a bowl, lightly toss eggplant in remaining olive oil and salt
- Evenly spread eggplant onto a non-stick cooking sheet
- Roast for 30 minutes or until vegetables become crisp
Usually when I’m sick, I opt for plain bread or sticky rice and water for all of my meals. This, I think, was a step up.
What are your favorite veggies to cook? Let me know!